by Dr. Randy
I am forwarding an urgent message from the National Vaccine Information Center. The unconstitutional and coercive bill to require a doctor’s signature in order to obtain a vaccine exemption for school entry has passed the appropriations committee and is headed to the full Assembly.
Please call your assembly member and urge them to Vote No on AB 2109.
You can easily find your Assembly member at this website.
URGENT CALIFORNIA ACTION ALERT:
CALL YOUR ASSEMBLY PERSON NOW TO OPPOSE AB2109
Bill Requiring Medical Visit for Vaccine Exemptions Scheduled for Assembly Vote TODAY May 3rd
Dear California NVIC Advocacy Team Members,
AB2109 is on the schedule for a vote in the full assembly today, May 3rd.
PLEASE STOP EVERYTHING AND PICK UP THE PHONE AND CALL YOUR ASSEMBLY MEMBER TO ASK THEM TO VOTE NO ON AB2109! (directions below)
AB2109 was passed out of the Assembly Appropriations Committee with a “B” roll call on May 2nd which means the vote went straight down party lines with 12 l Democrats voting yes and 5 Republicans voting no. NVIC submitted financial arguments in opposition and California State NVIC Director Dawn Winkler testified at the hearing against the bill. We disagree that the fiscal analysis done by the committee staff accurately portrays the cost burden of this unnecessary bill.
Video of the hearing in Assembly Appropriations and Assembly Health Committee are both available to watch on-line. Look for Assembly Appropriations Committee on May 2nd and Assembly Health Committee on April 17. Click on the video link. http://www.calchannel.com/
1. Contact your state assembly member and tell them to VOTE NO when AB2109 comes up for a vote on the assembly floor. If you log in to the NVIC Advocacy Portal at http://NVICAdvocacy.org your legislators are displayed on the right side. You can click on their names to open up their contact information. Additional information for all members is available at http://assembly.ca.gov/
2. Send this to as many friends and family in California that you can and ask them to please register for the NVIC Advocacy Portal at http://NVICAdvocacy.org so they can get added to this state email list and receive updates on how they can help fight this bill. If the bill is passed by the full assembly, it will then go to the senate.
SAMPLE PHONE PLAN:
- Call the office number for you state assembly member, introduce yourself and ask to talk to someone about AB 2109 which is being voted on today.
- Let the appropriate person know you are opposed to AB 2109 because it requires you to have to pay for an extra medical office visit you don’t want or need, it requires additional bureaucratic paperwork, and as a parent if this passes, you have no guarantee you will be able to find a provider who will take these appointments or sign the form. (If you’ve ever been harassed by a doctor before or denied care, this is a great place to talk about this). If you have a vaccine injured child, tell them the vaccine vulnerable or vaccine injured should not have to go back to the same doctor who caused the injury to your child in order to be “counseled” and get permission to exercise your right to a personal belief exemption.
- Let the legislative office know that this bill wastes your time and money because you are already well educated on vaccine risks and benefits (explain the steps you have taken to educate yourself above and beyond any handout could provide).
· Let them know about your personal story, what got you involved in this issue and why an unrestricted personal belief exemption is important to your family especially if anyone in your family has had a vaccine reaction.