by Dr. Randy
Here are some thoughts about mindfulness practice and rules for teens given the current situation. We need to encourage their community awareness to keep everyone safe.
Rules and Advice for Teens
- Be responsible. Keep yourself, your family, and your friends safe by limiting your possible exposure to the virus.
- Limit exposure to groups of people; no gatherings or parties
- Gather in groups of no more than five people
- If you have any symptoms of a cold (fever, new congestion and/or cough accompanied by body aches, sneezing, runny nose, with headache, tiredness) then self-quarantine and wear a mask to protect others. These symptoms should be distinguished from respiratory allergy symptoms (sneezing, congestion, itching eyes and palate, mild cough) which are common in spring, but do not include fever, achiness, or unusual tiredness.
- Do not consume alcohol or drugs that deplete immune function.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables and take vitamin C and immune supporting supplements. http://cure-guide.com/preventing-viruses/
- Continue to exercise at home: keep moving, go for bike rides, hikes, or runs, use bands and weights, do calisthenics and yoga.
- Do nourishing mental activities: read, meditate, play music.
- Practice gratitude for your health, freedom, and opportunity now. Use this time for self-reflection, goal-setting, and spiritual development.